Site Navigation:

Research Station

The Research Station at Jungfraujoch, inaugurated in 1931, is the property of the Foundation HFSJG and comprises five laboratories, two of which are equipped for chemistry experiments, a mechanical workshop with a small equipment room, dark room, library, a dining and recreation room, kitchen, ten bedrooms, bathroom with shower, and the custodians’ apartments. An air compressor is also available to supply liquid nitrogen as a coolant. Since the founding of the research station, its infrastructure has been continually adapted to the needs of the users (electricity, water, telephone, chemistry and medical laboratories, liquid nitrogen as coolant, fax, internet).

Main entrance
Main entrance to the Research Station.

Laboratory
A laboratory for chemical experiments.

Workshop
The mechanical workshop.

Library
The library.

Dining and recreation room
The dining and recreation room.

Kitchen
The kitchen.

Bedroom
One of ten bedrooms.

Air compressor
Air compressor to produce liquid nitrogen.